Simple Question About Power Steering Reservoir

camlex

Hello,

When you look at your power steering reservoir bottle, there are two lines. Can you tell me which line is incoming? and which line is outgoing because this weekend I have plans to flush the power steering fluid.

Thanks.

92-94 I remember it being the one closest to the firewall is the res-> pump & the one nearest the nose is pump <-res. I could be wrong. The 92-94 had 4 lines 'cause it was the hydraulic cooling fan ones so... Even if I remember it correctly, they coulda changed it & I'd still be wrong.

If nobody knows I guess you'll have to take 'em both off & start turning the wheel to see which one pumps out fluid in little squirts. (Jack the front of the car up tho & do it with the engine off.)

Toysrme,

I did find out about those two lines.

Reservoir bottle has two lines. Bottom one , which is goes close to firewall is OUT (To the Pump)

and top one, which is SS line til reservoir bottle with small L rebbur hose is IN (From the pump)

Question is What is flow rate?

Can i disconnect return line and start filling fluid in to reservoir bottle while car is running?

If fluid moves slow then i can do it as i decribe above.

Thanks,

Noooo don't fill it with the engine idling. Everybody that does that always winds up spending all day trying to purge air out of the system.

Just do it by hand, trust me. 'cause the only way I know to get air back out is tell somebody, (So go back & do it again, this time by hand)

It doesn't take long. Maybe 2-5 min of turning the wheel to flush all of it out.