Lojack-dealer Installed-is350

LoJack says they have approx. a 92% recovery rate, within a very short time frame resulting in minimum damage to the vehicle while still in the greater Metro Atlanta area. The basic system is $650 and for an additional $250, you get the upgrade premium package which will inform you via, I believe, cellphone, that your vehicle has moved. Also, they place the unit in a variety of different places to make it harder to find.

Does anyone have additional information and is it really worth the $900 dealer option? :(

LoJack says they have approx. a 92% recovery rate, within a very short time frame resulting in minimum damage to the vehicle while still in the greater Metro Atlanta area. The basic system is $650 and for an additional $250, you get the upgrade premium package which will inform you via, I believe, cellphone, that your vehicle has moved. Also, they place the unit in a variety of different places to make it harder to find.

Does anyone have additional information and is it really worth the $900 dealer option? :(

I got it in my IS300 (I live in Atlanta also) just because I have to park the car in a somewhat sketchy area, and I like the extra comfort that the Low Jack provides. As an added benefit, I got an insurance rate deduction when I told them I had Low Jack (not too much, I think $39 a year, but it definitely adds up if you plan on keeping the car for a while!) Back in the day, when my father bought his LS, he opted for big Low Jack package, with the special key fob and cell phone update, although he never uses the extra stuff. I think if you got the base Low Jack package you can have more confidence that your car will be protected and if you notify your insurance, it might pay for itself over the years. Plus, if your car is ever stolen, there is a much better chance you can get it back before something horrible happens to it (knock on wood)

If someone steals my car and they have it for a total of 30 seconds, I'd consider wanting it back.

If some thug takes my car and has it for hours, I'd rather it be ripped to shreds and get a payback from my insurance rather than get a car which will need repairs, stink of BO, and never be the same again.

If I considered Lo-Jack, I'd want to be paged when the car was moved.

If someone steals my car and they have it for a total of 30 seconds, I'd consider wanting it back.

If some thug takes my car and has it for hours, I'd rather it be ripped to shreds and get a payback from my insurance rather than get a car which will need repairs, stink of BO, and never be the same again.

If I considered Lo-Jack, I'd want to be paged when the car was moved.

Scott, What part of Mass are you from?

I got it in my IS300 (I live in Atlanta also) just because I have to park the car in a somewhat sketchy area, and I like the extra comfort that the Low Jack provides. As an added benefit, I got an insurance rate deduction when I told them I had Low Jack (not too much, I think $39 a year, but it definitely adds up if you plan on keeping the car for a while!) Back in the day, when my father bought his LS, he opted for big Low Jack package, with the special key fob and cell phone update, although he never uses the extra stuff. I think if you got the base Low Jack package you can have more confidence that your car will be protected and if you notify your insurance, it might pay for itself over the years. Plus, if your car is ever stolen, there is a much better chance you can get it back before something horrible happens to it (knock on wood)

I'll going through with this option, probably premium because I'd want to know as soon as it moves. There's lots of places in Atlanta that I'd want to keep an extra eye on it. Cheers !!!!

Wow, I don't even know where Charlton is. I grew up in Medford and commuted to Framingham to work @ Bose on The Mountain.

I'm right across the street from Bose, I'm over at CA (Computer Associates)

Charlton borders Sturbridge.

Mass Pike west to rt 84.

Not a bad drive, but the miles rack up really quick.