Newbie To This Forum

Welcome aboard. I just got my 01 430 several months ago. Had an SC before that, and this car is so much faster (and without the transmission stall I had to deal with in the SC - left me stranded dozens of times, hanging out in front of traffic).

Best car I've ever owned. Black on black, 17" chrome option. Fast, quick, but looks and rides luxury.

I haven't had any problems with mine, and it wasn't easy finding out (on this forum) problems to look out for since there really aren't a lot of them. On the SC it was PS pump, alternator, with the ES it's throttle body, our RX330 has plenty wrong, but with this car, I think it's the real deal. Which is good, since it's not under warranty any longer.

Good luck, and welcome to the board. Put up pics when you can. The only complaint I have had so far is that the wheel package came with SUMMER rated tires (probably a SoCal thing), and when I hit snow, it was the worst car I have ever had in those conditions. BUT, I changed to the Michelin AS, and have had no problems since - handles 100% better in both rain and snow conditions, so problem solved. Rides better and quieter, too.

Oh yeah - there can be a vibration in the steering wheel between 60 and 70mph. Mine had it, you could visibly watch your hand shake back and forth. When I got my new tires, I also got an alignment and had the spare rim put on and took off a wheel that was slightly out of round and made that my spare. I don't know which of these did it, but the vibration has been gone ever since. Do a search and you'll see some posts about this problem. Like I said, mine solved, but I spent the extra money to have the dealer do it all. Our dealership is solid, and I only let Lexus techs work on our cars. Figure it saves me in the long run.

Anyway, congrats on the new car.