Engine Tap Noise

my cars engine has a tap or a tick / had it since i baught it about 6 years ago . i would like to get it fixed / im guesing its a valve tap or oil lifters / i dont know much about cars / and im getting some income tax money back and would like to fix it, does anyone know what it is, and have a idea how much it cost to fix it :cheers:

my cars engine has a tap or a tick / had it since i baught it about 6 years ago . i would like to get it fixed / im guesing its a valve tap or oil lifters / i dont know much about cars / and im getting some income tax money back and would like to fix it, does anyone know what it is, and have a idea how much it cost to fix it :cheers:

It depends some cars this is normal, some it is not. If you are going to inspect the valve you would be stupid to NOT adjust them.

Sometimes using a different oil filter will help. Sometimes a diff oil. Sometimes it might need a vlave job; depends on miles/age etc.