First Impressions Of My "new" 1993 Gs 300

I am a total newbie to this forum and today was my first day driving any Lexus. I have been a BMW driver for more than 12 years. Recently, my 1991 535i w/208k miles, was rear-ended and totalled. It was a great car I'd had since 1997. I found a one owner GS w/118k on the clock, impeccable records, and very clean. It actually belonged to a middle aged professional guy. It's a total different driving experience than the 535. I like it, but am uncertain if it is better. I had a performance chip in the bimmer and a K&N drop in. It was very fast for an auto trans car.

Meanwhile...looking for answers...

• Previous owner had oil changed at a Valvoline quick change with dino 10w30. I'm in San Antonio (plenty warm here) and I used Mobil 1 15w50 in the bimmer. What do you guys suggest for the GS 300 in this climate. I will be using Mobil 1, just uncertain of weight to use.

• Brakes squeal a good bit but look good and perform well...is this characteristic of this car?

• Maintenance indicates timing belt changes at just over 100k along with a lot of other work at local dealership, so I assume I've got about 40k miles to go before worrying about this.

Sure I'll have other questions in the near future.

Thanks for your help!

HEY I SEE YOU HAVE GOT A GS , I PERSONILY WOULD GET 10W 30 OR 30W ,BUT PUT A LUCUS OIL TREATMENT TO COAT THE VALVE TRAIN BECAUSE U MIGHT GET DRY STARTS. ALSO WITH THE BRAKES , IT COULD BE THE CHEAP BRAKE PADS OR NO VIBRATION LUBE ON BACK OF PADS, OR THEY ARE THINNER THEN U THINK THE THEY HAVE RIVITED PADS NOT GLUED PADS SO THEY WEAR EARLY EVEN THOUGH ALOT OF PAD COULD BE THERE. HOPE U HAVE FUN WITH YOUR ARISTO HAHA :D