Toyota Engine Logo?

I am in the process of purchasing a 1998 ES300, I have deposit down but only $300. The seller has agreed to fix both front strut mount towers which have issues with creaking.

The only other issue that I can see is a leaking valve cover gasket which is pretty actively leaking around the front. This seems a famillar issue to the ES300.

I have read many articles and seen a few pictures of the ES300 Engine in this forum that seem unfamillar.

The engine that I remember viewing on this ES300, ( in my minds eye ) had a very large toyota looking emblem instead of the Circle L , Lexus Badge as shown on some posts.

Two Questions:

1.) On a 1998 ES300 what logo should appear on plastic engine cover? Toyota rings, Lexus L , VVTI or...??

2.) Is there an easy way to identify engine marking or match this with the VIN number.

The car ran very well and might rival my SC400 so I am relectant to think it is Camry or Avalon. At the very least I would like to know what I am looking at.

Any Input is well appreciated.