Sensors Changed...

Well, yesterday i had my four oxygen sensors replaced... (gs400 1998)

And, is it all in my head or does it seem that i get more power from the car ????

The car seem more powerfull : just after one mile away from the garage where I had them installed,

at a red light a deceided to floor the car just to see it's reaction, and the rear wheels spinned

for about 35 feet (maybe a bit more). Before the change, the car would start very fast

but not spinning really...

The car had 169.000 kms on the speedometer (103.000 miles) so after asking my beloved

lexus stealer how much to changed the four sensor (1500$ canadian dollars installed), I deceided

to order them from the U.S. market and paid only 428$ U.S., talk about a saving, so it didn't bother

me to pay for four of them. My mechanic charged me 50$ to installed them, not too bad. (1 hour)

Also, I tought this maintenance would stabilise my rpm : sometime the car at a red light rev only about

the first to the second line in the speedometer (125 to 250 rpm), but this sensors replacement didn't changed nothing, but even at this low rpm the car run great. I also noticed that at this low rev, if I press on the a/c switch, the engine rev up to 600 - 700 rpm.

So is it in my head or do car the car run faster, does this happened to some of you ????

Next maintenance gonna be to change the spark plugs...

I will also check for some better fuel mileage...

So Ok,

Now after 5 days, I must admit that I don't have more power (the car is still 300 hp) but what i can tell you is: the car run better, accelerate better and run great. Maybe my old sensors were very bad, I don't know maybe. It fell like a new car (maybe this is just in my head) and this make me happy. I love this car, the best car I ever had, even more then all the mustangs, barracuda and MG's I had before.

I just ordered a K&N air filter, maybe this will add up a little extra more too.

Now, how long do you keep your spark plugs before changing them. And, do you change them because it's time to change them or because you need to change them. Mine are already 165000 kms and still seem very good...

DTM