Engine Does Not Start

sayan

I bought LX470 (1999) at ebay. Since last November it runs well and without any problems.

There are two master keys in the set. Both of them were programmed by previous user and

recognised by the car.

After a week parking at my yard, car does not recognise both master keys. Although keyless

entry works well, but I can't swith on to position ACC or START and start engine. LOCK and UNLOCK

I can do both remotely and insertion to any dooor. When I insert the key to the ignition lock,

a steering weel move to preprogrammed position. When I was trying to start engine there is nor

lights or sounds. The key turns into all possitons but during swithing between ACC and START

I feel like something pull key out (not so far, about 2 mm)

I know that Lexus uses so-called engine immobilizing system. So, I studed posting of your forum

and found some helpful recomendations, but unfortunately, they did not help me.

I tried to do the following:

- I checked all fuses at engine and driver compartment - all OK

- I disconnected accumulator for 2 hours to reset ECU

- I tried to reset engine immobilizing system as written here but it belongs to RX300 :cries:

What can you recommend me to do, else?

I will be gratefull for any help. :blink:

I'm assuming the key is not going to the "on" position? There was a guy recently on ih8mud who wasn't able to turn his key at all. The pins in the lock cylinder wore out, so he had a locksmith install new pins. Otherwise, if the key does go "on" and you only hear a click, it's worn starter contacts. Other than that, I have no idea.

I'm assuming the key is not going to the "on" position? There was a guy recently on ih8mud who wasn't able to turn his key at all. The pins in the lock cylinder wore out, so he had a locksmith install new pins. Otherwise, if the key does go "on" and you only hear a click, it's worn starter contacts. Other than that, I have no idea.

It was very rare fault. There is a break of key shaft that located in the cilinder behind lock device. When turning, this shaft swiches microswithes on and off in curcits of accumulator and starter. To fix this malfunction, there is only solution - just echange whole locking device in set.

It is not that rare.

Another member had the same problem and how he made a new one to stop this part from breaking often.

The key shaft siuts from nearly any model of Toyota. After replacing you lose only one funtion - now one can pull out the key during moving. It is very hard and sometime impossible to dismount set of locking device. It's more easy to dismount steering weel together with its shaft and locking device. It is screwed with just 4 nuts. Upon dismounting do not forget fix steering weel to avoid tearing up of weel strip. I interchanged broken shaft from dead Toyota Land Cruiser 100 at auto dump.

When I start repair, it was $600 and 2 month awaiting of genuine locking device - according to opinion of official Lexus dealer. But actually, I spent $30 and 4 ours of my personal time. I found part at auto dump. :)