Tranny Seafoam

nc211

I was just at the store and saw that Seafoam has stuff to clean the transmission parts, solenoids and such. It can also be used for the power steering system as well.......

Very interesting! Anyone have any experience with this product? I've used the Seafoam for the fuel, oil etc..... before, and worked great! But never thought about the transmission applications.

PS: I posted this in the general maintenance section as well, but since it'll be used in a ls400, thought I'd put it here too :cheers:

I was just at the store and saw that Seafoam has stuff to clean the transmission parts, solenoids and such. It can also be used for the power steering system as well.......

Very interesting! Anyone have any experience with this product? I've used the Seafoam for the fuel, oil etc..... before, and worked great! But never thought about the transmission applications.

PS: I posted this in the general maintenance section as well, but since it'll be used in a ls400, thought I'd put it here too :cheers:

Someone on Clublexus has done it, and reported that it was very worth the effort. But I dont have any experiance with it. I just bought 2 bottles of that stuff last night to dump into the engine, and fuel tank. Hopefully I will see some improvments.

It's basically the opposite formulation of normal Seafoam. I've used it, but couldn't tell anything one way, or another. My fluid never stays in there long anyway.

You could always do it & flush it a week later & see what's up. :cheers:

Thanks guys, I think I'll give it a try. But not until I can get one of those Mityvac's so I can pull the fluid back out w/o having to take off the pan. I'll post up the results when I get it finished. I might try it in the power steering system as well "as stated it's used for as well". Toys, I'm confused though on the time frame to leave the stuff in there. The can says to take a 5 minute spin around the block, run it through the gears, then flush it out. However from your other thread with those awsome pictures, should it stay in there for a longer period?