What Rim Sizes Can I Put On A '06 Gs300?

I'm a little (ok, a lot) confused as to what size rims I should be looking at for my 2006 GS300. I'm currently looking at websites that refer to rims in sizes such as 19x8, 18x8.5, etc. What does it all mean? Am I right in assuming that the second number refers to the width of the rim? Can someone help?

I'm a little (ok, a lot) confused as to what size rims I should be looking at for my 2006 GS300. I'm currently looking at websites that refer to rims in sizes such as 19x8, 18x8.5, etc. What does it all mean? Am I right in assuming that the second number refers to the width of the rim? Can someone help?

Height x Width

You'll find that 20 is about the limit for what will successfully work on the GS without needing to modify the fenders. You also need to know the bolt pattern of the rim, offset, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Staggered is when the rear rims are bigger. Not how big the actual rim is (i.e. 19's, 20's ... etc...), but the width of the rim. The most common staggered 19in. rims are 9.5 inches wide in the rear, and 8.5 in the front.

It gives the back wheels a very nice and aggressive look, and it gives you a nice lip to polish at the carwash.

First, what is your reason for getting new wheels? Is it just for bling, or for performance also? Most people will say bling... If this is your case, then the bigger rim will suit you just fine. Of course with a bigger rim, comes more money. Not only does each rim cost a little more, but tires cost more.

If you are more performance oriented I would stick with the 18's. But I think the 06's come with 18's from the factory. So if you are still wanting to change the rims, at least get a wider size 18 inch rim. It will give your car a better stance, and cornering will be a little better.

Hope this helped you a little.

• 6 months later...

i went overboard with 22's but i love them. they are 225/30/22 and the rims are 8.5" wide. there is little rubbing only when you turn and drive fast, no rubbing when going over bumps. no fender mods were done, however with a 30 series tire you are basically driving on an o-ring. i know most gs owners think that big wheels=ghetto, but i live in l.a. and big rims=cool here. just my preference though.

post-15077-1161234978_thumb.jpg