Keyless Entry Problem, 5 Locks On Confirm Mode

cip3

I have a 99 ES 300. I am trying to program the remote using directions from here and elsewhere (about the same). When I go to confirmation mode, which I understand to mean the car tells you how many remotes are programmed, I get 5 cyles of locks and unlocks. If the car will only accept a max of 4 remotes, why does it say there are 5 remotes? I have tried both rewrite and prohibition mode and I get no response when i try to program the remote. Can someone please help me? I've tried to search the FAQ and I can't find anything on it. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 99 ES 300. I am trying to program the remote using directions from here and elsewhere (about the same). When I go to confirmation mode, which I understand to mean the car tells you how many remotes are programmed, I get 5 cyles of locks and unlocks. If the car will only accept a max of 4 remotes, why does it say there are 5 remotes? I have tried both rewrite and prohibition mode and I get no response when i try to program the remote. Can someone please help me? I've tried to search the FAQ and I can't find anything on it. :(