Hid Kit

94lex83457

i'm looking to upgrade to HID's, and i have researched the technology on intellexual.net and a few other sites. They all seem to recomend Phillips or Sylvania. I'm still open to all options, but i want a quality product; i don't care about blue or purple tints. I want to know where you have bought your HID's and if you could give me any help it would be greatly appreciated.

:cheers:

i'm looking to upgrade to HID's, and i have researched the technology on intellexual.net and a few other sites. They all seem to recomend Phillips or Sylvania. I'm still open to all options, but i want a quality product; i don't care about blue or purple tints. I want to know where you have bought your HID's and if you could give me any help it would be greatly appreciated.

:cheers:

The link is to a kit that I bought. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Denso-HID-k...1QQcmdZViewItem

The kit comes with 2 denso ballasts, the bulbs I received were Philips 9006 re-based bulbs ( I would make sure with the seller b/c its not listed in the auction description. Couple of reasons why I decided to go with this kit: No cutting of factory wires plug & play, oem ballasts (the part number on the ballast was a genuine lexus part number and each ballast retails at lexus for $700 or something like that (oem quality), philips bulbs (oem quality). I've had mine installed for about a year and haven't had any problems with it at all. The color is nice, the lights are very very bright. Once you install the hid kit you should re-adjust and lower the headlights so they dont blind oncoming traffic.

The only thing that prevented the kit from being a perfect fit is the bulbs screwed in fine (to tighten you have to turn them to the right, which is normal), but when you place the bulb holder over the end of the bulb and try to tighten it you have to turn it to the left to tighten it to the bulb which makes no sense (its very backwards) and when I was turning the bulb holder to the left to screw it over top of the bulb it would unscrew the bulb from the housing.

So what I ended up doing was tightening the bulbs into the headlight housing and then placing the bulb holder over top without turning it to tighten it and then just placed electrical tape around the back of the bulb holder. Its held up so far 1 year +.

Hopefully you follow what I am trying to explain. It would be fine if you installed the bulb by turning it to the right to screw it in and then followed by turning the bulb holder to the right also over top the back of the bulb. Then they would both screw in the same way. I dont know if all the kits are like this but thats just what I ran into when installing this one. Maybe on the original factory hid headlight assembly the bulbs screw down into the assembly by turning them to the left, then the design would make a little more sense. But overall I was very happy for approx $300 shipped.