Seafoam Again

smasood

This is with reference to original thread by Toysrme which can be found

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...5167&hl=SEAFOAM

I AM WONDERING IF SOMEONE HAS EXPERIENCE WITH THIS.

Instead of pulling booster hose and dipping it in seafoam - how about if we dip fuel supply line which into seafoam bottle and then run the engine. This will go directly to fuel injectors and that should clean the Intake Valves also.

Any ideas from Gurus - before I experiment it on my car.

Second if it is a bad idea to dip fuel supply line to seafoam - as it was previously suggested by Toysrme in step 5 - If I drop Booster Hose into seafoam - & car does not stall - how long should I wait before I shut down the engine.

Thanks in advance for the advise.

post-4105-1140714730_thumb.jpg

To do that you'd have to take the fuel pump out of the tank & drop it in like a gallon, or two of seafoam.

The engine isn't going to run that well on a very light oil. (45-65% of Seafoam is Naptha). It shouldn't run at all, but if it were really hot it would.

Many gas engines, when experianced heavy oil leaks into multiple cylinders after they're warmed up will run on light oils - but not well. Nothing mroe than a small idle. Tho they don't have the flat out compression to ignite the stuff, once the cylinders & everything is hot, sometimes they can.

If you ever take a key out of an ignition & the engine just continues to purr on along at an idle - massive oil leak. :)

If I drop Booster Hose into seafoam - & car does not stall - how long should I wait before I shut down the engine.

Immediately.