Hard Starting 1997 Ls

tex-lex

It only happens when tank is below 1/3 full or so and it sounds flooded for a few seconds then runs and idles perfect. Car runs perfect after starting. There were several times I didnt think it would start. CAr has been well serviced with lexus parts. It has 115K miles

It only happens when tank is below 1/3 full or so and it sounds flooded for a few seconds then runs and idles perfect. Car runs perfect after starting. There were several times I didnt think it would start. CAr has been well serviced with lexus parts. It has 115K miles

Tune up done recently, including fuel filter? :unsure: Could possibly be a problem with the fuel pump.

:cheers:

Tune up done recently, including fuel filter? :unsure: Could possibly be a problem with the fuel pump.

:cheers:

It's funny you mention the fuel filter. My LS has 96K miles and has been garaged its whole life. When I requested that the Dealer replace the filter they refused to do so. They claimed that the fuel lines were rusted and they couldn't do it...Yet, I see many posters here replacing the filter on cars with way more miles than mine..Is this typical Stealer BS?

Thanks,

Sam

nope this is not a serviceable item for dealership to perform but if you want to replace it fuel filter is available or if you insist, i replaced mine a couple of years check my previous post with pix on the filter cut open, a picture says a thousand words