Maintenance Required Light

Rx330driver

Some people may remember me posting this a month ago, about how to turn off the Maintenance required light. To fill everybody in, i have always went to a lexus dealership, and after going, maybe two weeks alter, the light began to blink. So therefor, they forgot to reset it. Now my question is, is that light just a reminder, or does it actually mean something is wrong, because it not doesnt blink upon start up, IT STAYS THERE NOW. and i dont have time to bring it in yet, maybe this week.

Other things are on my mind now, my brakes are worst than ever. When stopping on maybe a hill, i hear this abnormal sound from the front brakes and the brake pedal begins to vibrate. I assume this is very dangerous, because in san francisco, we have been getting a few wet days lately. I cant describe the sound, its kinda like a deep tone, all i know is that its not normal. The last time i brought the car in and mentioned that the brakes were acting up, they said that everything was fine...perfectly fine. Im not a DIY kinda guy, but yeah, any suggestions? They shoulda put better brakes on a car this heavy.

How many miles on your brakes? The brakes may have worn down to there wear indicators which remind you its time for a replacement.

WHile its getting fixed have the light reset too:)

My Maint req light blinks about 5-6 times after I start the car?? is that normal! Im just passes 10,000.

They are made into/with the brake pads themselves. Its just a reminder to when your pads get low they start to touch your rotors and make that wierd/mettalic/grind sound--it can sound even when you are not on the brakes.

Havent you heard these cars go buy with metalllic sound coming from the front of there car as they drive?? Thats them and some people will drive like that forever till it eats there rotors away.

Im not saying thats what you have, but may be the problem. How many miles on your brakes?

lol Ohhh you mean that annoying squeaking sound that comes from peoples cars. Yeah i know thats a reminder for a brake pad change, i just thought there was some sort of reminder buzzer from inside the car on the instrument panel...i thought these cars were more tech. advanced. lol. hmmm, i dont keep track on how long ive had these pads for. but my car has 43K miles on it, and ive probably changed them at least twice. Lots of hills here, so i use them a lot. lol

If you got pulsing in your brake pedal that is NOT normal from a long shot--your brake rotors are warped if that is happening! Your Brake pedal should be SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOth as you are applying the brakes.....no pulse, no shakes, no vibes period!!

So what about the "Maint Required" light?

Is this just a reminder or is there something wrong?

What triggers it by the way? Mine started turning on at about 12000 mi.

I had the 10K maintenance done. Is there a reset switch?

Thanks

So what about the "Maint Required" light?

Is this just a reminder or is there something wrong?

What triggers it by the way? Mine started turning on at about 12000 mi.

I had the 10K maintenance done. Is there a reset switch?

Thanks

The reset procedure is in that thick book nobody reads :chairshot: :chairshot: it does have some valuable info in that!

But I just did the reset to mine cause it was blining.

1. take key out of ignition

2. Push in your trip reset button (hold it)

3. Put key in ignition and turn on but do not start car

4. Keep holding trip reset button for about 20 seconds the light will come on steady then go out.

5. your done.

6. Dont ask again when it does it again in 10/20/30K miles :lol::lol::cheers: