1st Gen. Directional Wheels-- Why?

John2

i have a 92 ls400 and the wheels are starting to pit. so i've found some reman'd lexus chrome wheels. they have 3 rights and 1 left. i know these are 'directional', but i don't know if it's functional for the brakes or just aesthetic?

thinking.. even if they are for cooling, if i put the 'backward' one in the back, where brakes aren't used near as much, do you think this would be ok?

lastly, again thinking they are for looks, people put aftermarket wheels on all the time, apparently to no detriment, right?

any thoughts are appreciated...thanks.

A couple of mine were on backwards and i never noticed until someone posted something about them being unidirectional. Once you know that it's hard to look at it and not feel like something is wrong, although most folks wouldn't notice. There may be some slight benefit to brake cooling when they're running the right way but i don't think it would hurt anything. IMHO i would wait until i could find 2 rights and 2 lefts. You'd always know something wasn't right if you have them mixed.