Aux In For Satellite Radio (1998 Es)

js0873

I’ve been looking for a way to use an auxiliary input for a Sirius Sportster Replay on my 1998 Lexus ES300 with the Nakamichi stereo system. I've seen some posts on potentially using the Soundgate “Auxiliary to Lexus” part, but I haven't seen any feedback from users after they tried it. Does it work well? Is the sound much better than over the air FM modulation, which I've been disappointed in (the sound is much flatter than basic FM stereo). If anyone has experience with the Soundgate system, can you tell me how it works? That is, how is the connection made from this unit to the existing stereo, how does it work operationally, how do you switch back and forth from normal radio operation to satellite, and so on.

Alternatively, if this doesn't work that well, have any folks replaced the existing Lexus head-unit in the ES300s with some of the newer HD radio systems that already have an aux-input, without totally disrupting the existing cosmetics? That is, are the aftermarket dash kits cosmetically OK?