Lexus Premium Sound

I was wondering in the 96 Lexus Sc300, what kind of sub is the middle sub in the back, how many watts, and is this powered by an amp, and if it is what kinda amp is it..Im looking to replace my middle sub with another that is stronger...Im looking to replace it with this 10" Free Air Sub, http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZSSzvazg3gi/c...00&I=113W2505++ , I'd like to know if this is a good idea, feedback would be greatly appreciated

I am planning to do the same but $120 is a bit much for such a sub.

I know you get 2 because of the "buy one get one free" but what are you gonna do with the 2nd one?

Lemme warn you, 1 hole only fits 1 sub.

Another thing you gotta know is that there isn't much clearance for the magnet.

The sub sits right above the gas tank and even the stock sub has about an inch clearance (and thats with a puny magnet)

BTW: If you are planning to just replace the sub, don't bother. You won't know the difference.

You NEED an amp to push the sub.

But I'm at work and gotta run. I'll write more on this with some links when I get home.

:cheers:

Ok. I'm back.

Umm...what was I talking about?

Oh yeah....subs......

I highly recommend this site I usually buy from.

They have a 10" Pioneer that will surely do the trick for $40

but I prefer the new polygon Sony Xplod for just over $50

I know one of the guys that works at the company and he said that he really likes the Sonys even though I know he tried out quite a few of the subs they sell and knows what he's talking about.

Either way you go, good luck and keep us posted cuz I'm pretty sure you're not the last person who's going to have this question/idea.

:cheers:

If you just replace the sub and don't get an amp to push it, you won't hear much of a difference, if any.

If you want some clean bass, you need an amp.

Actually, to tell you the truth, just getting an amp to power your stock 10" would improve bass response.

But there is a high chance you will blow the stock since I have no idea what it can handle.

As for what brand the stock 10" is, just look on the magnet of the speaker.

It should say it. I'm just too lazy to go check.