Sirius Radio Install Rx300

jvmitche

Here's a couple pics of my Sirius radio install. This is the Starbase Universal FM Modulator model with a small head unit on the dash where the heated seat controls would normally reside (thank god I don't have that feature). Remember, there's also a SiriusConnect tuner located inside the dash as well, connected to the antenna that is roof mounted. It uses a direct connect into to antenna jack of the stereo to eliminate any fluctuations of signal. I'd love to go direct into the RX stereo, but it just wasn't going to happen without some major mods.

This was a professional install (done by a smaller shop, not Best Buy or anything) that only cost about $100 in labor and prevented me from spending a weekend cursing. So unfortunately, I don't have a ton of detailed installed photos. But for those of you wanting a smaller head unit that has a very stock look, consider this placement. I discussed internal antenna placement with the installers, but they advised against it -- however, I have friends who've done internal antennas with no problems. They did do an excellent job placing the antenna and routing the wire down the windshield groove (please excuse the February grime).

I ended up loving Sirius so much, I bought another unit and boombox to use anywhere. Good luck, once you go Satellite, you'll never go back.

sirius1.JPG

sirius2.JPG

sirius3.JPG