95 Es 300

kkensley

I have recently bought a 95 Es 300, but it didnt come with an owners manual. Does anyone know what kind of oil I should put in it with my first oil change this weekend? I have 190k on my car and Im thinking I should put some high milage synthetic oil in it, does anyone agree?

Also I have been feeding it 92 and 94 octane is that a bad or good idea?

Thanks guys and gals

I have recently bought a 95 Es 300, but it didnt come with an owners manual. Does anyone know what kind of oil I should put in it with my first oil change this weekend? I have 190k on my car and Im thinking I should put some high milage synthetic oil in it, does anyone agree?

Also I have been feeding it 92 and 94 octane is that a bad or good idea?

Thanks guys and gals

If you go to www.Lexus.com and register under the Owners section or call 1-800-25-LEXUS, you can request and owners manual to be sent to your free of charge.

Your oil question is not a bad one, however it is a question that always opens heated arguments and a series of opinions to be posted up, AGAIN. Please use the SEARCH function and search All Forums on the word "synthetic" (open the search up to 7 days and older) and you will see what I mean.

I am closing this thread not because I don't want you to post, but I don't want a rehashing of the age old debate. Welcome to the club, but usually the easy questions have been asked and answered. Just take a minute to get used to the search function and you will save a lot of time by not having to wait for replys to your questions.

Here is a link to the gas octane question. Gas thread

steviej

ES Forum Moderator.

Forget high mileage oil.

5w-30 synthetic.

Mobil1 synthetic in 5 quart jugs is normally $18-20 at Wall-marts across the nation.

If it were me, I would flush it first.

Anyways, the first thing you should do is flush the transmission fluid out. Even better if you add an aux. cooler.

There are a zillion posts on what to do when you buy one on this forum, look some up.

It's a good idea on your engine to run mostly premium.