Rear Motor Mound And Rear Valve Cover Seal

justin97

well, yesterday i decided to do a little over due maintance, so i, the day before went to a local part place and order the valve cover seal for the es and a motor mount for a 96 camry5 speed v6 with the 1mz. cause we could not fond a part number for the auto lex or auto camry.

well after takin half the motor apart i got the valve cover seal in bout 2 hours, but i broke a sensor, i dont know what it was, it is located on the back side of the motor and toward the pass side, when i took it off oil flowed out of it. it too a 19mm wrech to get it off to, i soldered it for now but in due time will need a new one.

then to the motor mount, i took the pass side tire off, unbolted the bracket cand couldnt get the old mount out, mine was so bad the center of it just fell out but the metal ring around it stayed and refused to move, i took a sawz-all to it and at 6 foot pry bar and beat it with a 5lb sledge and slowly got it out. it took me 6-7 hour counting breaks and lunch. and somehow i drained my powersteeering fluid.

Soooooooo... Sup? Question, or just telling us your experience. It's hard for me to tell b/c you didn't format it.

Yea, Rear engine mount is easier to do after taking the axle out.

The only sensor on the back side of the engine is the rear o2 sensor.

Hah. My motto, "As sawzall, solves all".

Soooooooo... Sup? Question, or just telling us your experience. It's hard for me to tell b/c you didn't format it.

Yea, Rear engine mount is easier to do after taking the axle out.

The only sensor on the back side of the engine is the rear o2 sensor.

Hah. My motto, "As sawzall, solves all".

i was tellin you all my experince and asking what the sensor was... no it is not the o2, it is in the block..and i think it may be a oil pressuse sensor, maybe a knock, cause oil came out of it when i took it off,drained almost a quart before i noticed it....it is like near the timing cover...

The OPS is on the front of the engine by the oil filter where the oil passages are.

The knock sensors are on the block between the V banks under the intake manifold.

To my knowledge, there is no sensor on the back of the engine. You can skim the FSM's too, they don't show anything AFA I have ever seen.

I can't help ya, but I'm glad you got the mount & valve-cover changed!