1994 Es300 120k Service

Hi everybody,

I just bought a 1994 ES300 with 120k on it. Everything appears in great condition with it, and it is in great mechanical condition. I know it had a 60k service at Lexus of Portland, but since then I have no record of service. I'm taking it to my Toyota dealer this weekend to have it caught up on its maintenance. Since my Lexus dealer had cheaper parts I ordered the following from them and will take them to the Toyota dealer for the labor:

Timing Belt

Water Pump

Spark Plugs

PCV Valve

Oil & Air Filter

Power Steering Belt

Alternator Belt

TOTAL $325

I will have the Toyota dealer tune it up, change timing belt & other belts, change water pump, and any seals behind the timing cover that are leaking. The transmission was recently flushed by the previous owner at a Jiffy Lube type place.

The Toyota dealer wants $520 for all the labor.

Also, recently I've had issues with the car dying after periods of long idle such as driving in slow, heavy freeway traffic jams, or waiting in line for an emmissions check for 15 minutes with the car idling. If the engine starts to run rough I can rev it up for a couple seconds and "clear it out". Why is the car dying after long idle times? I ran a bottle of Chevron injector cleaner with a full tank of Chevron Supreme, and will fill it again with that combo before driving long distance this weekend.

Here are my questions:

#1 Should I have the tranny flushed again with Toyota fluid even though the fluid is clean and pink?

#2 Should I have anything else changed while the dealer has the timing belt off?

#3 What else should I mention to the Toyota dealer to look at or do while I have this service done?

#4 I will mention to the dealer my die out problem, but will the tune up likely clear that up? Should I have them examine the IACV, MAF, Throttle Body?

I want to make sure I get everything done that I should as I am going to school in Seattle and going home to Portland this weekend to have my service done. I want to make sure I take care of anything that could have been neglected while I'm in for such a big time job.

Thanks for your input! :cheers:

Sounds good, but if you can promise yourself the coolant has been changed, 90,000 mile schedule now. Wait to 150,000m.

No a tune-up will not solve that.

Take your IAC & EGR valves off, and clean them by hand.

Might want to think about new valve cover gaskets while it's cracked open. Cam & Crank seals.