Keless

I have an 95 SC-300. I had saved the following entry from a previous post on keyless entry, but can no longer find the post using the search engine. With reference to the last sentence below, I am unable to find any switch as described. I have transponders purchased for this car, but following the progamming sequence which came with the transponders, and which is identical to that given further down in the post from which I quote below, nothing happens. No lock sequencing, no beep. Just silence. If there is a switch and I could find it, perhaps that would solve the problem. It's as if the system's been turned off. Thanks for ideas.

Following from earlier post which I cannot now find:

“Umm, all lexus SC's had keyless entry on the key itself stock. ... . Also, there is a switch beneath the steering wheel on the lowest dash panel that will activate and deactivate keyless entry on the SC's”

Now am able to get car in progrmming mode, but still no response from the remotes. Remotes on fobs from keylessride and FCC ID seems correct. Batteries check OK fine. Tried all buttons of both fobs. Working with keylessride tech to try and figure what's the problem.

I may have had the swith thing confused with another car. Now that I think of it, the SC does not have a switch for the keyless entry. I don't see one on the current car. I apologize. Let us know of any solutions.

Thanks. Will do. Security system also non-functional, so may be a clue. Fuse #21 (handles keyless plus other stuff) seems OK, e.g., dome lights work. Taking car to Japanese garage this AM to see if they can figure.