Rx 300 Water Front Passenger Floor

lsquared

I have a 2000 RX 300. I went to sweep the carpet last nite and found the carpet and padding soaked on the front passenger side. The standing water underneath is clear. I took the drain plug out underneath and sueezed as much water as I could out of the padding. I took a trip today and tonite it looks like maybe there is some more water there. I read a post from 2004 about the ac condensate drain tube being plugged or plugged roof drains. It was quite rainy today and has been lately, temps in the 30s to 40s. Has anyone had similar problems and what was the solution? Any info would be appreciated.

You're already on the right track - this is usually caused by a clogged AC condensation drain tube.

However, we used to own a 1989 Acura Legend. The only recurring problem I ever had with this vehicle in 13 years of ownership was that the rainfall drains built into the sunroof would periodically clog with debris and when that happened, rainwater wound up on the floorboard underneath the carpets of both the driver and front passenger positions. Blowing out these rainfall drains with compressed air was a trick that the Acura dealership recommended at least yearly in order to avoid this problem and they were always willing to do it at no charge in order to keep us happy with the vehicle. Once I learned that tip and began to take advantage of their offer, we never experienced that problem again.

• 1 year later...
You're already on the right track - this is usually caused by a clogged AC condensation drain tube.

However, we used to own a 1989 Acura Legend. The only recurring problem I ever had with this vehicle in 13 years of ownership was that the rainfall drains built into the sunroof would periodically clog with debris and when that happened, rainwater wound up on the floorboard underneath the carpets of both the driver and front passenger positions. Blowing out these rainfall drains with compressed air was a trick that the Acura dealership recommended at least yearly in order to avoid this problem and they were always willing to do it at no charge in order to keep us happy with the vehicle. Once I learned that tip and began to take advantage of their offer, we never experienced that problem again.

Sorry to revive this old thread but I have the same exact problem.

It all started a few days ago, the temps has sunk below 32, and now i have major condensation inside the front window. the condensation also gets to the front side windows (although it seems like the condensation starts in the front then 'moves' to the sides).

Now, as a Xmas present I had Circuit City install Sirius satellite radio last week. It appears the problem started after the installation although I can't be sure.

I also had a 60k service done 3 days ago.

Until 2 days ago the temps were 40 or above, only in the past 2 days they dipped below 32.

I've tried the procedure suggested here, but the tube was very clean. I also checked the A/C air filter near the glovebox but it looks almost as new.

Any other ideas?

I'm at a loss as to what is causing the condensation inside the car.

appreciate the help.

• 5 years later...

For some reason, this forum IDENTIFIES a " A/C Condensate Drain Clog"'

But

You can search 20 entries and NOT find the Solution for FIXing it !!!

Hear it is on YouTube.. Plain, Simple, Clear and Cheap