Adding A Lexus Dvd Player Or Changer To Non-rses Vehicles

robinzon

Hey all... several GS onwers have successfully added DVD Changer (or Player) to their vehicles. As I understand it 05+ vehicles come either prewired (or DVD ready if you have the harness) for the Players/Changer. I was wondering if anyone added a DVD changer/player to their car and where they got the harness (or modified it).

Also, I know some people added headrest monitors to their RSES vehicles I was curious what wires got tapped for audio/video and on-power.

Also if anyone has a link to a good source of connectors (ie plugs that can work with factory wiring) please let me know since this would make many DIY projects much easier.

Hey all... several GS onwers have successfully added DVD Changer (or Player) to their vehicles. As I understand it 05+ vehicles come either prewired (or DVD ready if you have the harness) for the Players/Changer. I was wondering if anyone added a DVD changer/player to their car and where they got the harness (or modified it).

Also, I know some people added headrest monitors to their RSES vehicles I was curious what wires got tapped for audio/video and on-power.

Also if anyone has a link to a good source of connectors (ie plugs that can work with factory wiring) please let me know since this would make many DIY projects much easier.

Please!! Anyone??

• 4 weeks later...

Please!! Anyone??

If you going to buy after market equipments I suggest you stay away from the factory wiring. It a pain in the !Removed! trying to hack the factory harness.

I have a procedure for an aftermarket DVD, sunvisor and headrest monitor installation if youre interested.

I have a DVD player in the glove box, 8" Right side sunvisor and four 8" monitor in headrest.

here are some picture of my GX. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2195868

the procudure is step by step, where to run wire, which wire to tap into. also with pictures. It about 20MB words files. Email me and I sent it to you. peter_gx470@yahoo.com

Hey Pete,

Yeah you sent me the ebay links to everything before so I still hae your address in my email account... I will shoot you a message since I was going to have you send me the wiring diagrams... as far as factory harness its not that difficult actually if you already have RSES to tap into the Composite Video coming from the dvd player (two wires) and then run it into a VIDEO SPLITTER/AMP

thanks

Please!! Anyone??

If you going to buy after market equipments I suggest you stay away from the factory wiring. It a pain in the !Removed! trying to hack the factory harness.

I have a procedure for an aftermarket DVD, sunvisor and headrest monitor installation if youre interested.

I have a DVD player in the glove box, 8" Right side sunvisor and four 8" monitor in headrest.

here are some picture of my GX. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2195868

the procudure is step by step, where to run wire, which wire to tap into. also with pictures. It about 20MB words files. Email me and I sent it to you. peter_gx470@yahoo.com