Average Life Of A Gs300 Engine

junior2ee

I just bought a 2001 GS300 with 50K. I was just wondering what the average life (mileage) of these engines were. What year is your car and how many miles do you have on it?

average life, unlimited mileage. I hae seen 2JZ-GE's (your engine) with over half a million miles. treat it right (do a search here on how to do that and visit www.bobistheoilguy.com) by changing your fluids regularly and drive untill it dies, 250K out of these engines is not at all uncommon. it shares its engine with the IS300, the SC300 and the MK IV Toyota Supra.

I have put 467,796 miles on one of my Toyotas so I know it can be done if the car is purchased brand new and if the owner takes care of ALL the engine systems (fuel, ignition, cooling, emission, exhaust) not just the lubrication system and uses genuine Toyota parts and fluids to maintain the vehicle. I also agree with the Toyota and Nissan engineers that fuel and oil additives are not needed and could be harmful

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/bitog.jpg

2jz-ge? 250-750,000 miles.

Depends on what shape you keep it in & what kind of preventative maintenece you use.

Yup. The highest in the GS300 form I've read about is a 300k+ one. That owner has a 98. He has now moved on to an 06 model. :)