Ls400 Drivers Seat

DOS

I drive my 96 LS about 40K per year and treasure the comfort of the drivers seat (the car is now at 250K miles and running great). I recently had the drivers seat re-covered (just the base, not the back). It looks terrific, however when re-installing the seat I have run into a baffling problem. The seat adjusting controls work fine....until the metal "feet" make contact with the metal body of the car. At this point, the seat control unit underneath makes a few clicks and the seat begins to re-align it's position. The controls are 80% no longer functioning....until I remove the electrical connector under the seat, move the "feet" away from the metal onto the carpet. After reconnecting the electrical, the seat controls are back to normal. I have explored the undercarriage of the seat, no exposed wires, tried using foam pads between the feet and the body, unplugged the electrical until i have bolted the seats back. All to no avail. (The passenger seat was also out for cleaning, but was put back without any problem.) What in the world should I try next? (The seat is back, bolted on all four sides but is not that comfortable a position...I removed the electrical plug until I can find a solution. Help please! tx javascript:emoticon(' :wacko:', 'smid_7')

smilie

Each seat positioning servomotor has a feedback method and it sounds as if at least one of the feedback signals, if not the reference itself, is shorted to the seat frame (not enough current available to blow a fuse). Shorted reference and all of the servomotors would go absolutely bonkers!

Each seat positioning servomotor has a feedback method and it sounds as if at least one of the feedback signals, if not the reference itself, is shorted to the seat frame (not enough current available to blow a fuse). Shorted reference and all of the servomotors would go absolutely bonkers!

Is there a way to reset this or what do you recommend I do ? tx

Look for a wire that is chafted or tie-wrapped to tightly to the metal frame.

Tx!...I'll give it a try. dos

Tx very much wwest!....I removed the hard plastic surround at the base of the drivers seat and found a plastic flap pressing against one of the seat-adjusting levers (invisible until I pulled off the seat adjusting levers). Once adjusted, I am back in business. Tx a bunch...appreciate it. dos!

javascript:emoticon(':)', 'smid_11')

smilie

Edited by DOS