Cruise Control ?

I noticed on the highway when I'm holding the cruise lever down in order to speed up after a few seconds the car almost goes into turbo mode....at first it slowly excelerates and then upon holding further it really takes off.....problem is lately it's not working as far the super excel. Anyone know anything about this??

Thanks

I noticed on the highway when I'm holding the cruise lever down in order to speed up after a few seconds the car almost goes into turbo mode....at first it slowly excelerates and then upon holding further it really takes off.....problem is lately it's not working as far the super excel. Anyone know anything about this??

Thanks

From my experience, that would only happen if I was going uphill. Otherwise, it would accelerate at a normal pace.

The "turbo mode" effect is caused when the transmission downshifts into the next lower gear. You can see the RPM rise on the tach when this occurs. This effect will be delayed when driving with the ECT switch in "Snow" mode because downshifts are delayed to prevent wheel slippage.

The "turbo mode" effect is caused when the transmission downshifts into the next lower gear. You can see the RPM rise on the tach when this occurs. This effect will be delayed when driving with the ECT switch in "Snow" mode because downshifts are delayed to prevent wheel slippage.

Excellent....good to know. Thanks,