Notice A Difference Btwn Brembo Blanks And Oem Rotors

azmalu

Its Christmas time and I'm broke but need to replac rotors and pads. I have searched and previous threads but for daily driving (mostly freeway) have yall noticed any difference between using Brembo blanks with says Akebone ProAct (dealer replacement) 1994 es

The blanks fade less (More mass) and are the slightest hair larger (I forget offhand). Akebone ProAct pads are great for driving around, but I wouldn't use them as front pads in a sport application, or if you drive hard.

You need track pads for that.

The blanks fade less (More mass) and are the slightest hair larger (I forget offhand). Akebone ProAct pads are great for driving around, but I wouldn't use them as front pads in a sport application, or if you drive hard.

You need track pads for that.

good answers not really a sport application or hard driver. the one thing I have heard is that proact pads have a little bit of break in time....ordered them from autopartswarehouse.com who matched tire rack...I think I saved extra because tire rack doesnt list the premium pads but have the regular akebones listed for 53.00 so saved me like an extra 12 bucks. bought the blank rotors from samesite for 54

Every pad & rotor has break in time.

Most makers advise soft braking for 100 miles on new pads, 1000 miles on new rotors. No medium- heavy braking. No getting them hot & exposing them to water.

Cool beans on the pads. Most of the time there are cupon codes for tire-rack if you look through various forums. They advertise in a loooot of places.

btw if the brake fluid is 3 years old - no parts are going to cure any fade. Only new brake fluid will. :D

Edited by Toysrme

Every pad & rotor has break in time.

Most makers advise soft braking for 100 miles on new pads, 1000 miles on new rotors. No medium- heavy braking. No getting them hot & exposing them to water.

Cool beans on the pads. Most of the time there are cupon codes for tire-rack if you look through various forums. They advertise in a loooot of places.

btw if the brake fluid is 3 years old - no parts are going to cure any fade. Only new brake fluid will. :D

ill change out the brake fluid even though i hate doing that....i saw a tutorial to do it by myself....with the plastic jug and syphening or somethn like that.

No being mister negative here, but so far my first puchase of Brembo pads where good till the rotors hit 13K miles. Warp time....They went into the trash with 13,xxx miles on them.

So I do not know if I would buy them, for what it is worth. I put drilled and slotted on the auto now, only time will tell.

Medium-hard use brefore they're fully broken in.

Heating followed by rapid cooling. (Driving around & washing the car - rapidly cooling the rotors - driving through large puddles.)

Hard use without warming the brake system up.

That's just normal rotors. God fobrid they're drilled.