Tire Pressure Fluctuations

Yasmine

Hey I really need advice on this one.

I suspect I have a serious psycho neighbor, who not only dinged my car on purpose but is now messing with my tires... <_<

I've had them filled to 40 lbs each but two days later, they are at 35. Is this normal or could there be a leak in all of them ( I would think if the same tool was used to puncture a small hole in each of them). Help!

Did you set the air persure when the tires are hot or cold. If you drove on them and then put the air in (hot), and checked it the next day cold... Bingo, could account for the 5lbs.

Sorry about the crazy person. Know what it like. I have had two of them in the past. One finaly called the cops on me, then whent off on the cop and went to jail. The other set her place on fire when she empted her hot BBQ into her plastic trash can. Her landlord then tosed her out of the place.

Now I live in a small town with great folks all around... But no lexus dealers around for 100 miles..... Small price to pay for no crazy folks...

Did you set the air persure when the tires are hot or cold.  If you drove on them and then put the air in (hot), and checked it the next day cold... Bingo, could account for the 5lbs.

Sorry about the crazy person.  Know what it like.  I have had two of them in the past.  One finaly called the cops on me, then whent off on the cop and went to jail.  The other set her place on fire when she empted her hot BBQ into her plastic trash can.  Her landlord then tosed her out of the place.

Now I live in a small town with great folks all around... But no lexus dealers around for 100 miles.....  Small price to pay for no crazy folks...

Hmmm.

Thx I'll test and retest while hot and cold. You had 2 of em? Sounds like they got what they deserved :chairshot:

I hate, I mean HATE jealous people who try to destroy your things because they're miserable :censored: who can't get any joy otherwise. :cries: Poor fools, let it come back to them in a roundabout way :P

Hey I really need advice on this one. 

I suspect I have a serious psycho neighbor, who not only dinged my car on purpose but is now messing with my tires... <_<

I've had them filled to 40 lbs each but two days later, they are at 35.  Is this normal or could there be a leak in all of them ( I would think if the same tool was used to puncture a small hole in each of them).  Help!

Oh, one more thing--the tire pressure sensor light keeps coming on and off. After finding a nail in the tire, I repaired the hole, then filled them all to 40. Could this sensor be messed up from removal of the one tire for repair, or is it unlikely?

One mechanic said the sensor wiring could have been messed up.