Info On Snow Tires

This is going to be my first winter with my '01 GS430. I kept the snow tires from my last car ('99 LS400) and want to put them on my Gs. I've been told I shouldn't put them on due to the difference in size. My Gs currently has 225/55/16's and the snows are 225/60/16's. What are the detriments (if any) should I put the snows on? Any information and/or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This is going to be my first winter with my '01 GS430.  I kept the snow tires from my last car ('99 LS400) and want to put them on my Gs.  I've been told I shouldn't put them on due to the difference in size.  My Gs currently has 225/55/16's and the snows are 225/60/16's.  What are the detriments (if any) should I put the snows on?  Any information and/or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Put them on. They will be fine. That second number refers to profile (dist. from the outer edge of the wheel to the top of the tire) and it is just a little taller tire. There should be no reason you couldn't put those on.

Was that a tow truck driver or a tire salesman that said you SHOULDN'T put them on?

This is going to be my first winter with my '01 GS430.  I kept the snow tires from my last car ('99 LS400) and want to put them on my Gs.  I've been told I shouldn't put them on due to the difference in size.  My Gs currently has 225/55/16's and the snows are 225/60/16's.  What are the detriments (if any) should I put the snows on?  Any information and/or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Put them on. They will be fine. That second number refers to profile (dist. from the outer edge of the wheel to the top of the tire) and it is just a little taller tire. There should be no reason you couldn't put those on.

Was that a tow truck driver or a tire salesman that said you SHOULDN'T put them on?

There is zero reason you shouldnt put them on..