No Power

1994 ES300

236,000 miles

I recently had a rear brake caliper that was sticking, so I pulled it in the garage and changed it. After changing it and bleeding the brake lines, I drove it around the block to check the brakes and no problem. Parked it out in the driveway and next evening when I go to start it up. Nothing! No lights, no horn, nothing. So I automatically think, dead battery from leaving a light on or something.

This is where my brain !Removed! comes into play, when I go to jump it off my truck, I reversed polarity on the cable to the car. Left it on for about a minute until I realized my idioticy and changed it. Nothing again. Pulled the battery to put it on charge, but the battery has a full charge already. Put the battery back in, still nothing.

I have checked all fuses, cleaned cables and terminals. Ohm meter says I'm getting juice to the cables.

I don't think I caused the problem with the reverse polarity thing, because it already was getting any power, but may have worsened it.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks

1994 ES300

236,000 miles

I recently had a rear brake caliper that was sticking, so I pulled it in the garage and changed it. After changing it and bleeding the brake lines, I drove it around the block to check the brakes and no problem. Parked it out in the driveway and next evening when I go to start it up. Nothing! No lights, no horn, nothing. So I automatically think, dead battery from leaving a light on or something.

This is where my brain !Removed! comes into play, when I go to jump it off my truck, I reversed polarity on the cable to the car. Left it on for about a minute until I realized my idioticy and changed it. Nothing again. Pulled the battery to put it on charge, but the battery has a full charge already. Put the battery back in, still nothing.

I have checked all fuses, cleaned cables and terminals. Ohm meter says I'm getting juice to the cables.

I don't think I caused the problem with the reverse polarity thing, because it already was getting any power, but may have worsened it.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks

could be a few things, i would venture to say a fuse. it may be a blown main fuse. you said you checked them all, but look at the main power fuse under the hood, its the main fuse for EVERYTHING on the car. alot of the time, fuses are blown, but they dont look blown. if it comes down to it, replace every fuse in the car.

otherwise, your battery is toast. i woudl go buy a new battery anyways just to be sure.

Worst case scenario, your computrer is fried. but we wont jump there just yet.

Main relay & fuse sounds like a plan to me!

No worries, we all do it.

If it's any consolation, just do like we R/C pilots are fond of doing. Jokingly blame something else. "Well them damn Toyota's, ya know their battery posts are opposite of normal!) :D :cheers:

If it's any consolation, just do like we R/C pilots are fond of doing. Jokingly blame something else. "Well them damn Toyota's, ya know their battery posts are opposite of normal!)  :D :cheers:

Don't worry, I think it going to be alright, my brother shorted out the brand new battery on the Montero Sport while install in it. After connected all cables to the new battery he accidently drop the wrench accress the ground bar and Positive charge of battery, fire when up, I had a battery in had and knock out the wrench while it's in red. After ward, the car starts up fine.

If it's any consolation, just do like we R/C pilots are fond of doing. Jokingly blame something else. "Well them damn Toyota's, ya know their battery posts are opposite of normal!)  :D :cheers:

Don't worry, I think it going to be alright, my brother shorted out the brand new battery on the Montero Sport while install in it. After connected all cables to the new battery he accidently drop the wrench accress the ground bar and Positive charge of battery, fire when up, I had a battery in had and knock out the wrench while it's in red. After ward, the car starts up fine.

wha?? :blink::huh: I dont understand, let me read slower. LOL.

EDIT: I understand now, and yes, its amazing how events can transpire.