Piaa Extreme White

The G Man

Just installed the PIAA extreme white bulbs in my low beam and fog lights. The fog light looks good, pure white and nice lumens. The low beam ,H11, was disapointing, not even as bright as the stock. It is not as white as the fog lights or the 9006 PIAA extreme white I had on my last car. I am going to try Hoen h11 bulbs next, I will let you guys know how it turns out. I just want to warn anyone out there that are thinking about buying a PIAA extreme white H11 bulb, don't do it, they are garbage.

Look forward to see how you like the Hoen -- going to hold off on the Piaa

Just installed the PIAA extreme white bulbs in my low beam and fog lights. The fog light looks good, pure white and nice lumens. The low beam ,H11, was disapointing, not even as bright as the stock. It is not as white as the fog lights or the 9006 PIAA extreme white I had on my last car. I am going to try Hoen h11 bulbs next, I will let you guys know how it turns out. I just want to warn anyone out there that are thinking about buying a PIAA extreme white H11 bulb, don't do it, they are garbage.

The hoens are coming in next tuesday, I will let you know how they are. Like I mentioned before, the PIAA H3 for the fogs are very nice and I even have PIAA LED wedge bulbs in my parking lights next to the DRLs. It is just the PIAA H11 that was not up to typical PIAA standard. :cries:

Just pop the Hoen titanium H11 in there to replace the PIAA. The Hoens are much whiter, to the point where the light is almost light blue. The Hoens doesn't seem as bright as the factory H11, but my PIAA was the same way at first then it got brighter after a week or so. I figure I give it a week or so to see if they get brighter, not sure if there is a burn in period with these bulbs. I also replace the parking light with PIAA LED, the color is white from the front but a hint of blue from the side view. It looks much better than the factory 194 bulbs which was way too yellow compare to the Hoens. I will let you guys know if the Hoens gets brighter next week.

• 2 weeks later...

After trying out the Hoen titanium for 2 weeks, I am not too happy with them. They are definitely white like HID, but the intensity was not as good as the factory bulb. They did get brighter after about a week of use but not bright enough as a low beam in my opinion. I just bought a pair of the Hoen Xenrange bulbs, which are rated at 3700 kelvin. They are much bridger but not as white. The Xenrange are much bridger than the factory bulb and they only have a slight tint to them. The lesson learned here is that if you were trying to much the high beam or fog lights to your HID, then the Hoen titanium will good a good job. If you want more light output out of your low beam and at the same time looking for a bulb that is less yellow, then the Hoen Xenrange is better suited for that application. The Hoen Xenrange along with my PIAA fog lights brighten up the road very nicely. The projector on the GX also focus the beam very well.