92 Sc400 Nakamichi Stereo Problems

ralrae

I realize people have touched on this before but without going thru the entire 145 pgs that I have attempted to go thru I am hoping for some help or directions as how to get to this specific problem. I have bought a new amp on ebay and took out the old one (with help from this forum) and replaced it with the new one. I still have no sound at all. I did also notice that when I turn on the stereo the antenna does not go up. Is it supposed to on a '92 sc400? or is that poss related to the amp or head unit? HELP!!

I realize people have touched on this before but without going thru the entire 145 pgs that I have attempted to go thru I am hoping for some help or directions as how to get to this specific problem.  I have bought a new amp on ebay and took out the old one (with help from this forum) and replaced it with the new one.  I still have no sound at all.  I did also notice that when I turn on the stereo the antenna does not go up.  Is it supposed to on a '92 sc400?  or is that poss related to the amp or head unit?  HELP!!

The signal that controls the antenea comes from the headunit. Why did you change the amp in the first place? You always test the amp before replacing. It sounds like the headunit needs replacing. I wouldn't trust buying these parts on ebay unless it is from a reputable seller that sells nothing but LEXUS electronics. How much did you pay? People sell there junk on ebay because it failed them , They replaced it and now are selling there failed part saying it is in working order then it arrives DOA and they blame the shipper[ UPS, USPS ETC... ] saying they dropped it or whatever. I have a couple of working headunits,amps and anything else you need to get up and running.

I realize people have touched on this before but without going thru the entire 145 pgs that I have attempted to go thru I am hoping for some help or directions as how to get to this specific problem.  I have bought a new amp on ebay and took out the old one (with help from this forum) and replaced it with the new one.  I still have no sound at all.  I did also notice that when I turn on the stereo the antenna does not go up.  Is it supposed to on a '92 sc400?  or is that poss related to the amp or head unit?  HELP!!

The signal that controls the antenea comes from the headunit. Why did you change the amp in the first place? You always test the amp before replacing. It sounds like the headunit needs replacing. I wouldn't trust buying these parts on ebay unless it is from a reputable seller that sells nothing but LEXUS electronics. How much did you pay? People sell there junk on ebay because it failed them , They replaced it and now are selling there failed part saying it is in working order then it arrives DOA and they blame the shipper[ UPS, USPS ETC... ] saying they dropped it or whatever. I have a couple of working headunits,amps and anything else you need to get up and running.

I took it to the lexus dealer and they said it was the amp!! I bought the other amp on ebay for 150 which was extremely less than the dealer quote. The person who was selling the amp also sold the cd changer and the stereo because he upgraded

I took it to the lexus dealer and they said it was the amp!! I bought the other amp on ebay for 150 which was extremely less than the dealer quote. The person who was selling the amp also sold the cd changer and the stereo because he upgraded

Well if you switched the amp then that obviously was not the problem [ the stealers always guess, they don't know what they are doing ] You need a headunit or your wiring is faulty.