Replacement Instrument Cluster 98 Gs400

Had a few questions for those that know a bit about the Lexus instrument clusters. I found a 98 GS400 at a dealer in my area and their asking price is pretty cheap. But of course there's a catch: the instrument cluster needs to be repaired/replaced since it isn't working. I don't know if it's just not lighting up and the gauges work or if it's completely dead.

I haven't taken a look at the car yet (hopefully tomorrow) but I was wondering, is this a common problem with the GS300/400? Also, can anyone give me an approximate cost to repair/replace it? I've heard Lexus dealers are a bit on the expensive side when it comes to service, so I don't expect this to be a cheap fix.

Also, another problem they pointed out is that the driver's door sensor is broken and the dome/door ajar lights don't turn off. This doesn't seem like a major repair, but will probably cost a few hundred to fix nonetheless.

Thanks.

Had a few questions for those that know a bit about the Lexus instrument clusters. I found a 98 GS400 at a dealer in my area and their asking price is pretty cheap. But of course there's a catch: the instrument cluster needs to be repaired/replaced since it isn't working.  I don't know if it's just not lighting up and the gauges work or if it's completely dead.

I haven't taken a look at the car yet (hopefully tomorrow) but I was wondering, is this a common problem with the GS300/400? Also, can anyone give me an approximate cost to repair/replace it? I've heard Lexus dealers are a bit on the expensive side when it comes to service, so I don't expect this to be a cheap fix.

Also, another problem they pointed out is that the driver's door sensor is broken and the dome/door ajar lights don't turn off. This doesn't seem like a major repair, but will probably cost a few hundred to fix nonetheless.

Thanks.

Find out more on the condition of the cluster first, Lighting?, Gauges don't operate? And so forth, Then post what exactly what is wrong and we'll take it from there.

Never mind, I went to the dealer and they convienently had it at an auto auction (where it didn't sell). They also said the driver's side door was misaligned, so I'm pretty sure it was in an accident.

Looks like my search for a GS/SC goes on.

Never mind, I went to the dealer and they convienently had it at an auto auction (where it didn't sell). They also said the driver's side door was misaligned, so I'm pretty sure it was in an accident.

Looks like my search for a GS/SC goes on.

Good Luck with your search and keep us posted. :cheers: