Pinch Protection On Lexus Windows

satch71372

Just curious, I had just purchased new 06 RX330. I had purchased Weather/Rain deflectors for the front/rear door windows. The defelectors fits fine and window will roll up and down smooth as butter. However, soon as it closes all the way, pinch protection for these windows will slide the windows down for child safety protection (blah).

Anyone know if these pinch protection can be shut off some how? Perhaps have any other alternative defelctors that you can recommend? For what i understand, the 06 model door windows are same as the 05's.

Thanks!! :blink:

Anyone know if these pinch protection can be shut off some how? Perhaps have any other alternative defelctors that you can recommend? For what i understand, the 06 model door windows are same as the 05's.

You can reinitialize the upper setting by holding the window switch in the up position for about 5 or 10 seconds if I remember correctly. It's in your manual.

Thanks for the info! I went back into the manual, in which looks more like a phone book.

Found that you got to pull down all the windows 1/2 way down and then press up on the window you are having problem with all the way up and hold it for second or two.

Though annoying thing is that it may set it for that time, but I have noticed that on and off it will still catch it on the window sensors, and also found that you can jus' roll up the window like you had said and hold it there.

HEh... at least it works now thoug, thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info! I went back into the manual, in which looks more like a phone book.

Found that you got to pull down all the windows 1/2 way down and then press up on the window you are having problem with all the way up and hold it for second or two.

Though annoying thing is that it may set it for that time, but I have noticed that on and off it will still catch it on the window sensors, and also found that you can jus' roll up the window like you had said and hold it there.

HEh... at least it works now thoug, thanks for the info!

I have the same problem on the deflector for my drivers window. The others work fine. I'll have to try re-seating the deflector to see if that makes a difference.

• 1 month later...

I ended up re-seating the deflector and now my drivers side window closes fine. Apparently it doesn't take much resistance to trigger the pinch protection. I originally called the vendor (Weathertech in Downers Grove) and they said to bring it in and they could try a different deflector to see if that corrected the problem. Re-seating it did the trick.