Remote Starter

I just had the Python XP1400 remote starter with keyless entry installed in my 2004 GS300, the remote starter comes with a rear defroster output but the installer did not have any data on which wires he needed to hook up to. Can anyone out there help me with this?

The defroster relay is triggered by ground from the Body ECU #1 (BCM1). The BCM1 contains the timer which turns off the defroster as well as lights the defroster switch lamp. There is no way to trigger it from an outside source. The signal from the defroster switch is sent as serial data via the MPX data bus from the AC Control Unit through the ECM (Engine Control Module) to the BCM.

Pin #6 on the BCM1 is grounded to energize the defroster relay. If a circuit including a 10 or 15 minute timer were made to pull this pin to ground when the remote start module triggers the defroster, the defroster would operate. The defroster light in the defroster switch will not reflect the status of the defroster when triggered by the remote start module.

Guyt how do u know so much about the electrical on these cars?Do you work on them or something?

:ph34r: GuyTelefunken is the chosen one! :ph34r:

A bow of respect to you, deadmilenko.

Explaination: I am: a tinkerer. an engineer. a "car-guy". a reader of the service manual. a student of technology.

Guyt how do u know so much about the electrical on these cars?Do you work on them or something?

:ph34r: GuyTelefunken is the chosen one! :ph34r:

A bow of respect to you, deadmilenko.

Explaination: I am: a tinkerer. an engineer. a "car-guy". a reader of the service manual. a student of technology.

Whatever you are,you are def. an asset to this site. :cheers: