Rx300awd Transmission

lenore

Hey everyone I just ordered and received a transmission filter that definetly has filter medium in it. Looks identical to the Lexus part except no wire mesh. I ordered it from Eurasian parts. Filter and gasket from $48.00 including the O ring gasket for the filter.

Yes, and they appear to be superior to the Lexus part in that the filter has filter medium, instead of a screen. However the last filter I purchased from Lexus also had filter medium. As most parts are made somewhere, who is to know that this manufacturor makes parts for Lexus.

Did the filter purchased from Lexus with the paper or fiber type filter medium in it come in genuine Toyota packaging? That is the way you'd know whether or not it is a genuine Toyota filter or an aftermarket brand and design.

It would surprize me if Toyota abandoned the metal mesh filter screen design it has successfully used for the past 38 years because a paper / fiber type screen (like American cars use) would be subject to clogging and necessitate periodic replacement (as is the case with American car tramny filters) that would then have to be listed in the RX scheduled maintenance guide (but aren't so far to my knowledge).