The 06 Gs430 Is Amazing Vs The 03

We had our first real trip in the 06 GS430 this weekend. First the highways of Maryland and then the mountains of Western Pennsylvania. Aside from the beautiful fall colors the car is simply amazing compared to the 03. The car is much quieter than the 03, there is no annoying sunroof wind noise [closed] and when the roof is open there is no need to crack another window to stop the vibration, there is no vibration. The comfort mode of the suspension makes it feel like the car is gliding across a frozen pond, then you move it to sport and the car handles as well as my 05 911 did. The acceleration response is immediate, the 03 had a slight hesitation, and the autostick manual transmission [not available on the 03]confirms I will never again have a vehicle with a clutch.

The array of technological "toys" from the rear view camera, to the DVD palyer and on to the rear sunshade [how nice is that around 4:00pm when you are headed due east] just adds to the enjoyment of the car. The 03 is still a terrific car, but Lexus out did themselves with the 06. If the GS430 came in all wheel drive I would cancel the Cayenne I have on order.

Anyone out there considering a new GS430, buy it immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

If the GS430 came in all wheel drive I would cancel the Cayenne I have on order.

I've driven the 06 GS430 and GS300 AWD back to back and there really wasn't that much difference. Have you tried a 300 AWD? The new engine in the 300 is very nice.

If the GS430 came in all wheel drive I would cancel the Cayenne I have on order.

I've driven the 06 GS430 and GS300 AWD back to back and there really wasn't that much difference. Have you tried a 300 AWD? The new engine in the 300 is very nice.

Not much difference or you just couldnt tell?

Drove both the 300 and the 430. While the 300 is very nice and the idea of awd was intriguing, the 430 was so much better. Besides we had/have [trying to sell] the 03 430 and I just sold my 05 911 so the the 300 was not really a choice for us. We like the bigger engine.

Drove both the 300 and the 430. While the 300 is very nice and the idea of awd was intriguing, the 430 was so much better. Besides we had/have [trying to sell] the 03 430 and I just sold my 05 911 so the the 300 was not really a choice for us. We like the bigger engine.

Are you still selling your GS430? If you are I would love to look at it. I've been trying to find one with low miles that I can keep for more than a year as I rack up about 15,000 miles in a little over half a year. Let me know. Thanks.

The GS350 AWD is coming out next year and it will have over 300hp.

I agree. As nice as the new GS430 is, the GS350, GS450h, and GS460 are coming around the bend. Unless you have to get one now, I'd wait.