Rebuilt Caliper

rlin78

After replacing my pads and rotors, I am still getting vibrations from the brakes. I was told that I should try the calipers. Since they are at $260 a pop, I am thinking of getting them rebuilt or reman. I can get reman at partsamerica.com for about $50, but I am worry about the quality of these reman. So am I better off rebuild my own using a rebuild kit for about $30 or getting the reman?

What rotors did you use OEM or aftermarket? If the caliper is installed and torqued correctly it would not cause the vibration unless the calipers are sticking and causing rotor warrpage quickly. Loose steering and suspension parts will also casue the above symptom. Also how many miles do you have on the vehicle??

My car's got 98k Miles, the vibration feels like something rubbing against the brakes, almost feels like ABS kicking in. Rotors are OEM slotted rotors. sometimes it is perfectly smooth and sometimes it feels like a train, running out of ideas.

My car's got 98k Miles, the vibration feels like something rubbing against the brakes, almost feels like ABS kicking in.  Rotors are OEM slotted rotors.  sometimes it is perfectly smooth and sometimes it feels like a train, running out of ideas.

OEM rotors are not slotted, they are blank. Re-manufactured calipers from A1Cardone are excellent in quality. I ordered their calipers for my Acura, new bleeder screws, seals, and metal finish. I believe they have lifetime warranty on casting. www.rockauto.com carries A1Cardone's calipers @ $39 per unloaded, no need to buy caliper brackets but you must return old calipers to get core charge refunded. Also Google for the 5% rockauto coupon code on the net to get further discount. IMHO buying new calipers is a huge waste of $ and resource.