Fresh From The Motherland...(japan) <_<

dfkd

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is anyone else who got their LS brought in directly from Japan.

If there is, I was wondering if it came with the Japanese band stereo or North American.

My LS is finally on the boat on the way here. My father is actually in Japan right now. He lives in Trinidad and runs a car import/parts import business to Trinidad from Japan. I've moved to Canada so I got him to find a North America Spec LHD Ls400 out there (Japan) and I'm sure glad i did now.:cheers:

The one he found (the first one being sent anyway) is immaculate. Was owned by some elserly people who hardly drove it. It is a 1990 (newest that can come into Canada right now). It has - get this - only 45000km on it (27000 miles), full options, everything that was available on the LS, upgraded tires, clear markers the works. I like that it is elegantly upgraded and not the psycho upgrades I;ve seen come out of Japan.

I should have it in person in about 30 days when I'll post some more/better pics for you guys. :)

I hate to admit it, but i'm actually excited! :blink:

Already have my silverstars and a kit i found on ebay to add "chrome" to the grille. I'll add some before and afters from the auction pics.

Any thoughts or tips for upgrades or changes based on the pics i have now?

NB: The height in these pics is due to the air suspension (which should be in pristine condition i hope). ^_^

post-16741-1130741307_thumb.jpg

post-16741-1130741323_thumb.jpg

The kit looks cheap in person as it is just chrome vinyl stickers put on over the real grille.

They never look smooth which is why they look cheap.

could have just bought this one already registered and in BC

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Toyota-Celisor-Lexus-LS...1QQcmdZViewItem

bb_12_sb.JPG

The kit looks cheap in person as it is just chrome vinyl stickers put on over the real grille.

They never look smooth which is why they look cheap.

could have just bought this one already registered and in BC

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Toyota-Celisor-Lexus-LS...1QQcmdZViewItem

bb_12_sb.JPG

That's not half as good as the one i have coming in.

Mine is actually LHD with leather and everything. my dad actually sat in it last week and it is in perfect condition so i think i'll be a lot better off with mine.

i'd like to see how much that RHD goes for tho. i personally wouldn't get a lex in RHD. maybe something wild like a GTR but LHD lex is easy to find in Japan. easier to sell here too. <_<

the kit is actually not vinyl at all but more like a chrome plated tubing that envelopes the original grille. everyone who's bought it seems to think it looks great so i'll see. :unsure: