Middle/top Brake Light - Rx-300 (2001)

DDG

Hi Forum,

If you own a Lexus, do you than need to visit the dealership to change a light bulb? The owner's manual certainly suggests so. The paneling of the middle brake light of our RX-300 (2001) does not quite reveal how to remove it in order get to the brake light. Could a helpful mind enlighten us how to change this light bulb? Thank you.

D

You have to pop the plastic around the top of the window from the inside of the glass. It has spring clips. Be careful and you will succeed. the lamp is available at any auto parts store or walmart. once the plastic is popped off you will see how to remove the bulb. Bulb is a 921 number I believe

• 10 months later...

I am having major problems with replacing the top rear brake light in my 02 RX300. I pulled off the trim piece, but am perplexed by the light assembly. How do I remove it? I've pulled and tugged and can't get it to even budge. I've successfully replaced all the other bulbs in the tail light, but this one takes the cake. There are two white plastic clips that seem to hold the assembly into the top of the rear door. But I'm kinda freaked out about breaking the red plastic piece. Any advice??

Darci

• 4 years later...