Will These Wheels Fit?

Will the 2006 18" Tourmaline wills fit properly on a 2004 GS 300? I saw this photo on another thread, but I am not sure if it is a photo crop or not. When I asked the person at the parts counter from my local Lexus dealer he said the they will stick out to far. Anyone know if he is correct or not?

Attached Images

04 GS300 Blk/Blk/Nav/ML/HID/Rear Spoiler

85 MB 380SL Diamond Blue/Navy

post-16446-1130676655_thumb.jpg

I think you can make them fit, some people talk about spacers, and to me it does look like the picture is photoshopped or something. I like the way those look on the 2nd gen, better than the 06 model anyway. I do however LOVE the way the 06 GS430 rims look and Ive been tryin to get some for my 1st gen, tryin to keep the lexus look, know what Im sayin :). Those are 17's correct? Im pretty sure that with the right offset and maybe some spacers(I dont really know what spacers are, or what they do, but obviously they are called spacers for a reason) I think you could make them fit. But, if Lexus says they wont fit, then maybe they wont, and if hes right about them sticking out to far, O MAN, please, no, thats just disgusting to see. I hate driving around town and seeing all these trucks with the tires 1/2 sticking out of the wheel well.

This is just my 2 cents on the matter, good luck.