Radio Led Screen

dabattis

I have a 1997 ES300. The Radio LED screen that shows the channel has burnt out. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and knows how to replace it.

This has come up before, so do a search. I say that since there are LOTS of posts on it. Here is one:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=12761

I just bought a new LCD myself. $95 and I will replace mine this weekend.

Mine went nuts so I pushed on the LCD screen. It helped and went back to normal but I guess it does not last long.

So I bought the new screen and will be installed in tomorrow.

PS. Welcome to LOC!!!! :D :D :D :D

Thanks, will do. Let me know if you have any helpful hints after you replace yours.

Done. Pretty easy!

Some things to remember or FYI

1) The radio removal PDF is pretty good!

Follow it. For me the bottom plastic part was more of a pain then the top AC. The top part just "prys" out while the bottom has to stop long clips on the side.

2) Be sure to put shirts or anything over plastic since it does scratch. I used shirts by shifter and the blue painters paint tape of all other parts. I DID scratch some since I think you can't avoid it. The radion and metal frame is a tight fit.

3) I removed the radio in 25 minutes. When taking off radio plate face plate be careful. There are plastic slips on 3 of the 4 sides.

4) Putting the new LCD in is easy. The wire harness can be a little pain just pull easy.

5) AFTER installing new LCD make sure the screen is clean. I had little white plastic flakes on mine AFTER I installed the radio in the car (SUCKED) :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: . So I had to remove it again since the dirty LCD was driving me crazy. So removed again and cleaned. :D

6) it is easy total time was 54 minues for 2 removals. First one was 37 minutes. It is very easy.

Any questions ask!

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...