95 Ls400 Check Engine Light Is On

NWFLS400

I have about 148k miles on my 95 LS400, the check engine light came on at about 140k, went out at about 142k and came back on at about 145k. I have not notice any performance changes what so ever.

Is this most likely an Oxygen sensor, if so has anyone used the aftermarket ones that you have to re-wire. So they work ok?

I am uncertain of enything about the car prior to last spring when it had 125k on it, so not sure when it was last changed. I did do a basic tune up when I purchased it.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Charles

The purpose of the check engine light is to tell you to retrieve the fault code, which will tell in turn what the problem is. "Most likely" need not be the course of action. Get the code and fix that.

If it is indeed an O2 sensor, my advice is to go with the Toyota-Lexus part. I have cheaped out myself in the past on other cars, and eventually always gone back to the dealer part.

SRK -- when you say you've "cheaped out" yourself on other cars, do you include rebuilt parts in that description? i need a few expensive parts (PS Pump, RAck n Pinion, Strut) and would like to buy rebuilt to save money. have you had any experience with this? i agree, wld. be better to buy all new...thanks in advance...

The purpose of the check engine light is to tell you to retrieve the fault code, which will tell in turn what the problem is.  "Most likely" need not be the course of action.  Get the code and fix that.

If it is indeed an O2 sensor, my advice is to go with the Toyota-Lexus part.  I have cheaped out myself in the past on other cars, and eventually always gone back to the dealer part.