Sway Bar Bushings

prix

I've tried discounttoyotaparts.com but do not see any item labeled sway bar bushings. I am trying to find out what these retail for. Can someone direct me to a site? Thanks much.

Prix, I found it in the Hoy Fox Toyota link on parts.com. They're $10.93 a piece. I believe you'll need 4, two on the front, two on the back. Here is where the fronts are located...In the colision catalog/wheels and front suspension, suspension components, stabalizer bar bushing.

If you don't see it on the list, click on the stabalizer bar, then when it comes up on the right, click the option to see the illustration. You'll see a directory at the top listing the numbers. I believe it is #14. This is a trick to "back" into finding a part that's not listed in the list. Here is an attachment of the page I'm looking at.

I've tried discounttoyotaparts.com but do not see any item labeled sway bar bushings.  I am trying to find out what these retail for.  Can someone direct me to a site?  Thanks much.

post-15797-1129951440_thumb.jpg

PS, you 1st generation guys got it made on parts options. :chairshot: I saw that you can buy just the bushing for the lower control arms for like $35 bucks. Us Gen 2+ are stuck with having to buy the whole dang control arm at like $200 each. :censored:

Me jealous? what makes you think that???

:cheers:

Hey thanks nc211. I tried again at discounttoyotaparts and they were under a different name (stabilizer bar bushings, not sway bar bushings). Right, around 11 or so per bushing. I was quoted a very large sum for these bushings ($63 per!!), and I was pretty sure something was off. I do believe he gave me a quote for a completely different part! Does 1 hour labor sound about right to you to replace?

Prix, I found it in the Hoy Fox Toyota link on parts.com. They're $10.93 a piece. I believe you'll need 4, two on the front, two on the back. Here is where the fronts are located...In the colision catalog/wheels and front suspension, suspension components, stabalizer bar bushing.

If you don't see it on the list, click on the stabalizer bar, then when it comes up on the right, click the option to see the illustration. You'll see a directory at the top listing the numbers. I believe it is #14. This is a trick to "back" into finding a part that's not listed in the list. Here is an attachment of the page I'm looking at.

I've tried discounttoyotaparts.com but do not see any item labeled sway bar bushings.  I am trying to find out what these retail for.  Can someone direct me to a site?  Thanks much.

With one hand tied behind your back. It's cake man, super easy. They're split, so all you're doing is taking off the bracket "2 screws" pulling off the old, putting on the new, and putting the cover bracket back on. Super easy. However, and someone might chime in on this, I think you're supposed to put a little grease on them to make sure they're good and quite. I don't think mine on the front were greased and I'm getting a little chatter out of them on cool mornings. I'll probably hit them with some silicone spray this weekend and see what that does. I say this because they're silent in the rain, a tiny bit squeeky when it's dry out. Only hear it when the suspension is near it's full compression on a certain dip in the road on the way to the office.

Hey thanks nc211.  I tried again at discounttoyotaparts and they were under a different name (stabilizer bar bushings, not sway bar bushings).  Right, around 11 or so per bushing.  I was quoted a very large sum for these bushings ($63 per!!), and I was pretty sure something was off.  I do believe he gave me a quote for a completely different part!  Does 1 hour labor sound about right to you to replace? 

That's for the back though, I think you need to take the plastic engine cover off for the front to get to them. Nothing more than a few screws, but will slow you down a little.

So what you're saying is paying someone $85 for an hours worth of labor is plenty of time to get the job done? I'm only replacing two, btw. Is this is reasonable..or are you saying a chimp with a wrench can do this...(I do not have tools)...

That's for the back though, I think you need to take the plastic engine cover off for the front to get to them. Nothing more than a few screws, but will slow you down a little.

Oh hell yeah. Honestly, they'll probably take care of this inside of 20 minutes. Convience is all you're really paying for. If you've got a phillipshead screwdriver, an old shirt that you don't mind getting dirty and an hour to kill, you can do this yourself.

So what you're saying is paying someone $85 for an hours worth of labor is plenty of time to get the job done?  I'm only replacing two, btw.  Is this is reasonable..or are you saying a chimp with a wrench can do this...(I do not have tools)...

Do you have to jack the car up to get to it? Tx.

Oh hell yeah. Honestly, they'll probably take care of this inside of 20 minutes. Convience is all you're really paying for. If you've got a phillipshead screwdriver, an old shirt that you don't mind getting dirty and an hour to kill, you can do this yourself.
So what you're saying is paying someone $85 for an hours worth of labor is plenty of time to get the job done?  I'm only replacing two, btw.  Is this is reasonable..or are you saying a chimp with a wrench can do this...(I do not have tools)...

I would recommend it, yes. The rear stabalizer bar is exposed, no plastic cover. If you lay down and sneek a peak right behind the bumper, you'll see the bar and the two bushings. You can probably do those with/out a jack. The front however, yeah you'll want a little extra room, because of the need to remove the engine cover.

Okie doke. Thanks!

I would recommend it, yes. The rear stabalizer bar is exposed, no plastic cover. If you lay down and sneek a peak right behind the bumper, you'll see the bar and the two bushings. You can probably do those with/out a jack. The front however, yeah you'll want a little extra room, because of the need to remove the engine cover.