92 Es300 Hesitation

I have 92 ES300 that was hesitating at low RPM's and when you really stopped short the car would stall. The stalling didn't really bother me that much but the hesitation got worse and started to really upset me. I knew it was a vacuum leak but couldn't find the problem. Today I brought it to a mechanic and he found the problem in 10 minutes. The air intake hose had a split in it. I never thought to check that hose because I never thought that it would split. Anyway $227.00 later, $94.00 for the hose and the rest for labor, ouch. it couldn't have taken any longer than 15 minutes to replace. Lesson learned check every hose no matter how unlikely you think it to be the problem. The car is once more running like a charm and it has 184,000 miles on it. Great car.

Yep, vacuum leak all the way!

You you got ate up on the labor, but at such a low cost it's not much. Probably $50.

The parts cost is roughly $100 for the equivilant hose on any engine.

If you really want it running like a charm. Pull the entire upper intake off & clean it by hand with a brush to get the carbon out. Then it'll look great!

I have 92 ES300 that was hesitating at low RPM's and when you really stopped short the car would stall.  The stalling didn't really bother me that much but the hesitation got worse and started to really upset me.  I knew it was a vacuum leak but couldn't find the problem.  Today I brought it to a mechanic and he found the problem in 10 minutes.  The air intake hose had a split in it.  I never thought to check that hose because I never thought that it would split.  Anyway $227.00 later, $94.00 for the hose and the rest for labor, ouch. it couldn't have taken any longer than 15 minutes to replace.  Lesson learned check every hose no matter how unlikely you think it to be the problem.  The car is once more running like a charm and it has 184,000 miles on it.  Great car.

this website may interest you whenever you need new oem lexus parts (w/ free shipping):

www.newlexusparts.com (i.e. Engine / transaxle , Air intake ,Inlet hose)