About Lexus Is300

U-Turn

Hi, I currently have a modified mazda and by modifying this car I realized mazda was'nt enough good for my plans. I also had a car that I was looking for since many years, the lexus IS300. But something I learn by modifying my current car is that some cars are not made to be modifyed or to be to much modifyed or tuned. So before buying that car, I would like to know for Lexus owners first, is the IS300 the best to modify or the newest version (ES) are better? Also, I would like to know for the IS300, what would be the best possible engine planning that I would had a turbo on it. Also, what is the psi that the stock engine can handle and what is recommanded. I would also like to know the best shop about performance for Lexus IS300 website. I think that's all for now. :) I really love the look of that car, I hope it meats what I'm looking for about performance.

If anyone can help me about that, I would really appreciate. I hope this forum will be my next community to join for my questions about cars. :)

Thx!

The IS will be better than the ES as a performance platform.

is300.net

You can't ask how many psi an engine can take, or what the output will be. PSI is irrelevant. When you're talking FI All that is important is the mass of air being compressed & shoved into the engine - not the pressure it is at.

Most 2jz-ge's can take 500-600-650bhp stock with good, to top level tuning.

The only major difference between a 2jz-ge, and a 2jz-gte is there are no oil squirters at the bottom of the piston. As long as you're not in search of all out power, & your tuning isn't going tot ry to melt a piston face - it won't matter.