17" Wheels On Es 300

I am in the market for wheels and tires for my 96 es 300. I found chrome wheels with toyo tpt's for $1040 to my door mounted and balanced. Just wondering if anyone feels the 17 inch wheels may effect my ride to much? Any body go even larger with tires with no problems? I was concidering the michelin mxv4's but what i saw on paper wasnt to good plus the price is much more than many others i saw. I dont know maybe whats on paper is crap but it's all many have to go on unless they have a site like this. performanceplustires.com is the site if anyone would like to comment, or recomend a different tire package offered on these wheels ? They are forte f24 chrome wheels ,victoriatires.com has same package offering 235/45/17's,but i feel that size is to big. Also i read at some point about painting brake callipers using a brush, but would like to know what paint to use? thanks

Zin,

you will find a large difference when you go 15" to 17". I go from 16" to 18" from April to Oct. The smoothness is sacrificed for better cornering on my size change. I don't know if it will be as an extreme from 15 to 17. On a 96, the largest you would probably want to go is 17".

You will also find that there are major mixed reviews from members here about the Toyo TPT's. You may find a better/quieter tire for the same price. Also try www.tirerack.com for package deals (mounted, balanced, deliverd).

Lastly, the best brake paint to use for durability and ease of application is the G2 kit from tirerack.com. It took me a weekend to do four wheels. I did the front and let it dry 24 hours before doing the back. Car is up on stands and wheels are not mounted while it dries. Kit is all inclusive with cleaner, brush and paint. Price is not bad. I used two kits to do paintable surfaces on 4 rotors and 4 calipers.

I have a bunch of pictures and can walk you through it when you come time to do it.

steviej

Zin,

you will find a large difference when you go 15" to 17".  I go from 16" to 18" from April to Oct.  The smoothness is sacrificed for better cornering on my size change.  I don't know if it will be as an extreme from 15 to 17.  On a 96, the largest you would probably want to go is 17".

You will also find that there are major mixed reviews from members here about the Toyo TPT's.  You may find a better/quieter tire for the same price.  Also try www.tirerack.com for package deals (mounted, balanced, deliverd).

Lastly, the best brake paint to use for durability and ease of application is the G2 kit from tirerack.com.  It took me a weekend to do four wheels.  I did the front and let it dry 24 hours before doing the back.  Car is up on stands and wheels are not mounted while it dries.  Kit is all inclusive with cleaner, brush and paint.  Price is not bad.  I used two kits to do paintable surfaces on 4 rotors and 4 calipers.

I have a bunch of pictures and can walk you through it when you come time to do it.

I checked tire rack,they have some of the best tire prices and good info ,but found their wheels to be very expensive compaired to victoriatires.com or performanceplustires.com  If you buy their packages you only get a few choices of tires,unless you want to pay shipping and handling . So i saw the toyo's and thought pretty good deal. Thats why I was wondering what tires others might of choosed and why. Thanks for your help Steviej.

steviej