Open Door Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep

Ok...so I want to clean the inside of my car, with the key in the ignition, it set to ACCessories (so i can have to stereo on), but also be able to keep the door open, and not have the car go BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP......

My last car was a volvo, and when the door closed, it actually pushed in a little button in the door frame(to turn of the dome lights, and stop the beeping). I was able to push in this button, give it a 1/4 turn while pushed in, it would stay pushed in and it would make the beeping stop while the door was open, and the key was in...

is this possible with a 2000 GS400? I just realized i could probably pull the fuse, but does anyone have a better idea? (aside from using a portable stereo and not turning on the car?)

Thanx

Ok...so I want to clean the inside of my car, with the key in the ignition, it set to ACCessories (so i can have to stereo on), but also be able to keep the door open, and not have the car go BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP......

My last car was a volvo, and when the door closed, it actually pushed in a little button in the door frame(to turn of the dome lights, and stop the beeping).  I was able to push in this button, give it a 1/4 turn while pushed in, it would stay pushed in and it would make the beeping stop while the door was open, and the key was in...

is this possible with a 2000 GS400?  I just realized i could probably pull the fuse, but does anyone have a better idea? (aside from using a portable stereo and not turning on the car?)

Thanx

So i beleive its fuse #33 that turns off the beeping without turnin goff the radio...but i'd still like to know if theres a better way

There is no "button" on a GS400. The door open switch is inside the door lock assembly. You must open the door and manually rotate the door latch (the part that catches to keep the door closed). It must be rotated two clicks on each door you want to leave open. Remember to hold the door handle open and rotate the latch back to the open position. If you try to close the door with the latch in the closed position, it's not pretty.

Seems easier to remove the fuse.

P.S. We're not in Sweden anymore Toto!